2018 Bear Cat CH8720iH 8 Inch Chipper
The CH8720iH is powered by a 720cc Suabru EH fuel-injected engine. The CH8720iH is a uniquely designed "turntable" style chipper. The lockable turntable design allows the operator to turn the feed chute closer to the material or away from hazards, such as roadsides.
It features a dynamically-balanced rotor that's 30 x 1.25 inches thick and 275 pounds. The rotor has 4-reversible chipper blades, made with tool steel, and a 4-sided adjustable anvil for perfectly sized chips for whatever use desired.
The CH8720iH now features a Digital Display Controller (DDC) hydraulic feed system with a variable speed feed roller with instant reverse.
The DDC features:
• Movable Digital TFT screen for easy viewing, even in bright sunlight conditions
• Soft key menu selection buttons for simple user navigation
• Pre-programmed maintenance schedule reminders
• Hydraulic system diagnostic capabilities
• Troubleshooting screens to provide in-field help
• Pre-programmed with English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Norwegian, Russian and Chinese
• Tested in the most extreme conditions to ensure longevity
The chippers' hydraulic feed system is electronically controlled. If the rotor speed drops below optimal operational RPM range, the controller pauses the feed roller to allow the rotor to regain speed, and then restarts feeding once optimal rotor RPM is achieved. This AutoFeed function allows for less fatigue on wear parts and maximizes efficiency.
The CH8720iH uses a triple-banded belt-driven rotor design, torsion axle suspension and adjustable rear stabilizer. It also features large, front belt shield doors for easy belt and pulley service area access.
- Chipper Capacity (in.): 8
- L x W x H (in.): 136 x 79 x 95
- Weight (lb.): 2225
- Chipper Disc: 30x1.25/275 lb., rotates at 1,600 rpm
- Feed Opening: 9 x 9
- Feed System: Hydraulic
- Auto Feed: Yes
- Chipper Chute Opening (in.): 30 x 31
- Chipper Blades: 4 reversible heat treated steel, with 4 sided adjustable anvil
- Rotor Weight (lb.): 275
- Discharge: Overhead
- Fuel Type: Gas
- Displacement: 720cc
- Drive Belt: Triple Banded
- Start Type: Electric Start
- Make: EFI Subaru EH
- Fuel Capacity: 9 gal.
- Towable: Yes
- Tires: P215-75R15
- Wheel Base (in.): 69
- 2 5/16 Inch Replacement Hitch Coupler
- Blade Kit 76293-00
- Gas Tachometer
- Engine Manufacturer
- Engine Type
- EFI EH
- Electric Start
- Chipping Capacity
- 8 in.